Skills enhancement training programs for Malaysia’s downstream oil and gas industry workforce, to meet the manpower requirements of the industry in Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC) and nationwide.
SKILLS IN OIL AND GAS PROGRAMME (SOGA)
SOGA comprises modular courses offering Malaysian manpower training in technical skills and competencies required by the downstream oil and gas industry.
- Equip Malaysian manpower with the right skillsets and technical competency to serve the downstream oil and gas industry.
- Enhance Malaysian manpower’s job marketability, employability, and ability to command higher wages in the downstream oil and gas industry.
- Ensure availability of industry-ready skilled and competent Malaysian manpower and reduce dependency on foreign workers.
- New entrees into the Malaysia job market who require certification in technical skills and competency.
- Present Malaysian workers seeking to refresh or upgrade their skillsets.
- Malaysian youths, especially those from the moderate- and low-income groups, seeking to be gainfully employed in the downstream oil and gas industry.
- 11 university and TVET institutions involved.
- 40 training courses offered.
- 1,847 manpower successfully trained since 2020.
- 100% employment rate.
BRIDGING GAP PROGRAMME
To prepare graduates in petroleum, mechanical, electrical, chemical, instrumentation and any courses related to oil and gas as candidates for the oil and gas downstream industry workforce.
To equip, develop and assist fresh and unemployed graduates with:
- Skills Set and Knowledge: Relevant skills set, and knowledge as required by the downstream oil and gas industry especially in plant operations and plant maintenance activities.
- Working Environment: Real working environment in the downstream oil and gas industry.
- Employability: The right attitude and discipline that can enhance their employability and job placement in downstream oil and gas industry.
- Malaysian graduates who have successfully acquired first degree in engineering (petroleum, mechanical, electrical and any courses related to oil and gas)
- 700 graduates trained since 2016.
- The program focuses on practical and hands-on plant operations and maintenance. This is to equip the fresh graduates with better understanding and skills to perform the role of refinery plant engineers, field engineers, and maintenance engineers in downstream oil and gas.
- Graduates are trained according to the industry requirement to fulfil the future talent demand for investors, vendors, and contractors in line with the development of Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex (PIPC) and downstream oil and gas in Malaysia.