Johor Petroleum Development Corporation Berhad (JPDC)
To transform Johor into a Sustainable, World-Class Downstream Oil and Gas Hub
Johor Petroleum Development Corporation Berhad or JPDC was incorporated on 9 April 2012 as a federal agency, a subsidiary of Malaysia Petroleum Resources Corporation (MPRC).
JPDC was formed as the result of The Prime Minister, YAB Dato' Seri Mohd Najib Tun Abdul Razak's announcement at the Economic Council Meeting on 13 February 2012 declaring that the oil & gas development project in Pengerang, Kota Tinggi, Johor as "National Project of Strategic Importance".
JPDC has clear mandates as follows:
- To plan and develop strategies for the downstream oil and gas development in Johor.
- To coordinate and drive the execution of development projects.
- To identify and manage funds required for financing the downstream oil and gas development in Johor.
- To promote and market Johor’s downstream oil and gas industry to potential investors.
- To enhance inclusiveness towards an equitable society with more access to economic opportunities in PIPC.
- To ensure the availability of industry workforce to drive and sustain PIPC’s development growth.
"To transform Johor into Sustainable, World-Class Downstream Oil and Gas Hub"
- The vision is in line with the Malaysia Federal Government's vision to turn Malaysia into an Oil & Gas Hub as set out in the Government's Economic Transformation Programme (ETP).
- JPDC will play a key role in working together with the State of Johor to realise the vision
With the vision, JPDC is tasked with following mission;
- JPDC's role is to plan and to develop responsibility, comprehensive strategy for the development of the downstream oil & gas hub in Johor taking into account:
- Health, Safety, Security & Environment
- Economic benefit
- Social fabric
- Human Capital investment and development
- High quality investment
- JPDC to coordinate and drive the execution of development projects
- JPDC to identify and manage funds required for development projects
- JPDC to facilitate the operational follow through post development projects
In realising the Vision, JPDC is committed to the following objectives
- To coordinate, facilitate, formulate and oversee the implementation of the Pengerang Integrated Petroleum Complex project in Johor
- To be a one-stop centre for promoting, marketing, establishing linkages and networking for the Malaysian Downstream oil and gas industry in Johor
- To create a conducive environment for Downstream oil and gas industry in Johor
- To assist, facilitate, provide consultancy services in development of downstream oil and gas in Johor
Strategic cooperation and collaboration between both the Federal and State Governments is key in ensuring the success of turning the State of Johor into a Sustainable, World-Class Downstream oil and gas hub. This cooperation is reflected in the composition of the Board of Directors of JPDC with equal representation from relevant Federal and State government agencies and co-chaired by the Chief Minister of Johor and a Minister from the Federal government.